Vision, Mission, Goals
An interactive network of leaders committed to creating a respectful and inclusive relationship between the education and early learning & care sectors will work together to promote early human development and healthy communities for the benefit of children and families in Canada.
To provide a leadership forum for educators from both the education and the early learning & care sectors to work collaboratively to enhance the lives of children, families and communities in Canada.
- To build bridges and foster two way communication on issues of mutual interest between the sectors of education and early learning & care
- To provide leadership and guidance to the process of aligning the sectors
- To affect early years policy and integrated best practice based on current research and knowledge to support early child development with an emphasis on promoting:
- developmentally appropriate early learning & care programs that provide a seamless, child-centred experience based on a coherent pedagogical framework and best practice model
- play-based learning as the heart of quality early years curriculum
- the strategic allocation and sharing of resources to better meet the needs of children and families
- To increase community understanding and support for a human development approach to the early years